If your enquiry is of a general nature, the team here at Heritage Island will respond to you directly. If it is more appropriate for the attraction(s) to respond to you directly, we will request them to do so.
Airfield offers a place where you can reflect, be replenished and celebrate the connection between people and nature in a stunning natural environment.
Established in 1974 as a charitable organisation by Letitia & Naomi Overend, the Estate was completely renovated in a €12 Million investment in April 2014.
- An interactive exhibition and tours of the Overend family home
- Ornamental walled garden and greenhouse
- Kitchen gardens where food is grown for the ‘field to fork’ Overend’s Restaurant
- Interactive display garage with vintage cars including a 1927 Rolls Royce
- Farmyard with daily egg collection and milking of the prizewinning Jersey herd
- Visit the food gardens & see where much of the fresh food that goes directly into the 'field to fork' restaurant comes from
- Woodland walks with over 2,000 native trees, and important animal, bird and insect populations
- Grey Barn - a special indoor/outdoor play space for children aged up to four years
- Overends Restaurant, the perfect place to enjoy the taste of Airfield on a plate!
Open Year Round
September - June
Daily 09:30 - 17:00
July - August
Daily 09:30 - 19:00
Closed: December 24 to 26
Last admission: 1 hour before closing
Approx. visit duration: Between 1 and 3 hours
Senior (aged 65+): €8
Student (with valid ID): €8
Child (aged 4-17): €5
Free admission for children aged 0 to 3
Other Useful Information
Guided tours and leaflets available in English only.
DINING / REFRESHMENTS
On site there is Overends Restaurant offering a field to fork menu from the estate. The Market Café offers takeaway coffee, hot and cold drinks, sandwiches and snacks. The Stable Café is a tea room style café with hot and cold drinks, sandwiches and snacks.
Gift shop selling souvenirs and gift items.
Free car and coach parking on-site.
Fully wheelchair accessible.
Group rates available (minimum 10 people). Pre-booking required.
Available in Overends Restaurant, the meeting rooms and private lunch spaces.
ACCOLADES & AWARDS
- Best Cultural Building & Best Sustainable Building 2014 RIAI Awards
- Dun Laoghaire Chamber EnvironCom Environmental Award 2014
Located in Dundrum, a 20 minute drive from the Dublin city. Follow the M50 motorway to Junction 13 and follow the R825 to Overend Way. From city centre, follow the R825.
Take the Luas Green Line to Balally stop and walk 5 minutes to the estate.
Take Dublin Bus numbers 11, 14, 14C, 44, 44B, 75 or 116.