If your enquiry is of a general nature, the team here at Heritage Island will respond to you directly. If it is more appropriate for the attraction(s) to respond to you directly, we will request them to do so.
The famous basalt columns of the Causeway landscape, left by volcanic eruptions 60 million years ago, are home to more than Finn McCool. Its nooks and crannies are dotted with dainty sea campion, and defensive fulmars protect their cliff nests.
Windswept walking trails wind through this area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with an all-accessible walk at Runkerry Head and more challenging terrain along the Causeway Coast Way.
Rising and blending into the landscape, with walls of glass, basalt columns and a state of the art interior, the award-winning Giant’s Causeway Visitor Centre is truly innovative. The energy efficient building boasts exhibition areas and a grass roof with 360 degree views of the Causeway coastline. This is where the science and stories come to life.
Explore the interactive spaces, watch Finn McCool on the big screen and unlock the secrets of this inspirational landscape.
- Legendary rock formations - Giant’s Boot, The Camel, The Wishing Chair, Giant’s Granny and The Organ
- Local stories revealed through fascinating exhibits
- Four great walking trails
- Some of Europe’s finest cliff scenery with fantastic bird watching
- Gift shop featuring local crafts
- Audio guide tours, in a range of languages, to take you on a personal journey of discovery
Open Year Round
November - February
Daily 09:00 - 17:00
March & October
Daily 09:00 - 18:00
April - September
Daily 09:00 - 19:00
Closed: December 24 to 26
Last admission: 1 hour before closing
Approx. visit duration: 2 to 3 hours
At the Gate
Child (aged 5-16): £4.50
Child (aged 0-4): Free
Family (2 adults & up to 3 children): £22.00
Child (aged 5-16): £3.50
Child (aged 0-4): Free
Family (2 adults & up to 3 children): £18.50
Other Useful Information
Guided tours available in English. Free audio-guides available in English, Germna, French, Italian, Spanish, Mandarin, Russian, Polish, Japanese, Dutch and European Portuguese.
DINING / REFRESHMENTS
Café serving light bites and snacks with a local flavor. Causeway Hotel Bar and Restaurant also on-site with relaxed dining options.
Gift shop selling handcrafted items and Causeway branded souvenirs.
Car and coach parking on-site (included in ticket price).
Wheelchair accessible (Visitor Centre & shuttle bus service fully accessible) with accessible toilet.
Group rates available (minimum 15 people). Pre-booking required.
Free Wi-Fi available in the Visitor Centre.
ACCOLADES & AWARDS
- Announced as The UKs Best Heritage Attraction at the prestigious British Travel Award 2015
- Awarded 5 stars by Tourism NI Visitor Attraction Scheme
- Best NI Visitor Attraction 2015 – NI Travel News Awards
- Tourist Attraction of the Year 2014 – Licensed & Catering News Awards
- Architectural Project of the Year Award - Irish Building & Design Awards 2013
- Sustainability Project of the Year – Irish Building & Design Awards 2013
Located on the North Coast 3.2km from Bushmills village, 18km from Coleraine and 21km from Ballycastle. Driving time is 1 hour 25 minutes north from Belfast and 1 hour 10 minutes east from Londonderry.Giant's Causeway Visitor Experience Nearby Attractions