If your enquiry is of a general nature, the team here at Heritage Island will respond to you directly. If it is more appropriate for the attraction(s) to respond to you directly, we will request them to do so.
Since 1832, more than 1.5 million people have been interred in Glasnevin - rich & famous, paupers & politicians, artists, warriors & heroes.
Knowledgeable, witty and professional guides bring history to life on a fascinating cemetery tour. Dramatic re-enactments by actors in period costume, events, commemorations, and interactive exhibitions are just some of the exciting things to do at Glasnevin.
Enter the crypt of Daniel O’Connell; search genealogy where all burial records are on line; visit the café; browse the shop and discover the best of Irish craft and design; or descend into the museum and discover the secrets of Glasnevin Cemetery.
- Ireland’s largest cemetery - the guardian and gatekeeper of over 1.5 million souls
- Fascinating & fun guided walking tours and re-enactments visiting the graves of the renowned figures that shaped modern Ireland
- Visit the Daniel O’Connell crypt
- See the iconic round tower, the tallest in Ireland
- Pedestrian gateway to National Botanic Gardens
Open Year Round
Closed: December 25 & 26 and January 1
Approx. visit duration: Guided tour takes 90 minutes. Allow extra time to enjoy the other facilities including museum.
(Please note that Glasnevin is a working cemetery)
Senior (aged 65+): €4.00
Student (with valid ID): €4.00
Child (aged 6-12): €4.00
Child (aged 0-5): Free
Family (2 adults & 2 children): €15.00
Museum and Tour
Senior (aged 65+): €8.00
Student (with valid ID): €8.00
Child (aged 5-12): €8.00
Child (aged 0-4): Free
Family (2 adults & 2 children): €25.00
Other Useful Information
Audio guides available in English at a charge of €10.00. Private guided tours can be provided through French, Spanish and Irish (pre-booking required).
DINING / REFRESHMENTS
Café serving light lunches, snacks, cakes & hot drinks. Full licence.
Gift shop selling Irish craft and design including jewellery, clothing, glassware, historical literature and gift items.
Paid car parking adjacent to the attraction. Free coach parking on-site.
The Glasnevin Cemetery Museum is fully wheelchair accessible with accessible toilets. The O'Connell Crypt is not accessible as it has approximately 10 steps.
ACCOLADES & AWARDS
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2014 & 2015
- Winner Best Cultural Experience in Ireland at Irish Tourism Industry Awards 2015
- Documentary One Million Dubliners won Best Film at Galway Film Fleadh, 2014; Best Documentary Irish Times 2014, and Boston Film Festival 2014
- Internationally renowned Thea Award for outstanding achievement in 2011
- Best International Museum at the Museum and Heritage Awards in London, 2011
Located 2.5km from Dublin city centre, Glasnevin is accessible from the River Liffey on the R108 (at the Four Courts/Brazen Head pub bridge). Continue straight along this road and after Phibsboro Village, cemetery is on right-hand side.
From the airport:
Take the Finglas exit 5 (2 junctions from airport) off the M50 and travel towards city for 3km. Glasnevin will be on the left.
Best Ticket Prices
Museum & Tour
Buy 'Best Value' Tickets from Heritage Island's partner website.
Tickets valid for 365 days from purchase
No Booking Fees
and special rates for seniors, students, kids & families.
If you have a group enquiry for 10 or more people, you can contact us here.