If your enquiry is of a general nature, the team here at Heritage Island will respond to you directly. If it is more appropriate for the attraction(s) to respond to you directly, we will request them to do so.
Airfield offers a place where you can reflect, be replenished and celebrate the connection between people and nature in a stunning natural environment.
Established in 1974 as a charitable organisation by Letitia & Naomi Overend, the Estate was completely renovated in a €12 Million investment in April 2014.
- An interactive exhibition and tours of the Overend family home
- Ornamental walled garden and greenhouse
- Kitchen gardens where food is grown for the ‘field to fork’ Overend’s Kitchen
- Interactive display garage with vintage cars including a 1927 Rolls Royce
- Farmyard with daily egg collection and milking of the prizewinning Jersey herd
- Visit the food gardens & see where much of the fresh food that goes directly into the 'field to fork' restaurant comes from
- Woodland walks with over 2,000 native trees, and important animal, bird and insect populations
- Grey Barn - a special indoor/outdoor play space for children aged up to four years
- Overends Kitchen, the perfect place to enjoy the taste of Airfield on a plate!
Open Year Round
Visit www.airfield.ie for seasonal opening hours.
Closed: December 24 to January 4
Last admission: 1 hour before closing
Approx. visit duration: Between 1 and 3 hours
Senior (aged 65+): €9
Student (with valid ID): €9
Child (aged 4-17): €6.50
Child (U3): FREE
Other Useful Information
Guided tours in English. Audio guides in English, French, German, Spanish & Italian. Leaflets available in English.
DINING / REFRESHMENTS
On site restaurant Overends Kitchen offering a field to fork menu from the Estate and local suppliers. The Stable Café offers a tea room style service with hot, cold drinks along with sweet treats and sandwiches.
Retail area in Overends Kitchen with food and homeware items from Irish suppliers
Free car and coach parking on-site.
Fully wheelchair accessible.
Group rates available (minimum 10 people). Pre-booking required.
Available in Overends Kitchen, the meeting rooms and private lunch spaces.
ACCOLADES & AWARDS
- Best Cultural Building & Best Sustainable Building 2014 RIAI Awards
- Dun Laoghaire Chamber EnvironCom Environmental Award 2014
A Wonderful Events Venueread more
Located in Dundrum, a 20 minute drive from the Dublin city. Follow the M50 motorway to Junction 13 and follow the R825 to Overend Way. From city centre, follow the R825.
Take the Luas Green Line to Balally stop and walk 5 minutes to the estate.
Take Dublin Bus numbers 11, 14, 14C, 44, 44B, 75 or 116.
If you have a group enquiry for 10 or more people, you can contact us here.