If your enquiry is of a general nature, the team here at Heritage Island will respond to you directly. If it is more appropriate for the attraction(s) to respond to you directly, we will request them to do so.
Immerse yourself in a unique sensory experience by booking a behind the scenes tour of a real working distillery.
A must see for the growing numbers of Irish whiskey fans or anyone wanting the hands-on experience of how to make a great whiskey. Combining world-class visitor facilities, the very best in multi-media presentation and expert guides, visitors will experience first-hand the smell, sound, feel and taste of a distillery creating genuine Irish spirits.
- Behind the scenes tour looking at the detail that goes into the making of the award-winning Clonakilty spirits.
- Visitors can learn all about this grain to glass distillation processes and admire the state-of-the-art distillery building while taking in the sights, sounds and smells of the distillery up close & personal
- Combining world-class visitor facilities, the very best in multi-media presentation and knowledgeable expert guides.
- On-site gift shop featuring the full product range of whiskeys and gin, special discounted offers and distillery exclusive bottlings.
- For those wanting a more hands-on experience, the Clonakilty Distillery Gin School is a must try.
- This is Munster’s first Gin School, where Visitors learn the Gin making process first-hand from expert guides and can create their own bespoke bottle of Gin to take home and enjoy
- Whale's Tail Bistro serving local and seasonal produce
Open Year Round
April – October
Monday – Sunday 10:30 – 18:30
November – March
Tuesday - Sunday 11:00– 18.30
2020(to be confirmed)
April – October
Monday - Sunday 10:30 – 18:30
November – March
Tuesday - Sunday 11:00– 18:30
Closed: Christmas Day, St. Stephens Day & New Year’s Day.
Last admission: 4:00pm is our last tour time for the general public. Our Distillery shop is open until 18:30pm.
Approx Visit Duration: approx. 1.30 hours
Student (with valid ID): €13.50
Child (8-17): €10 – must be accompanied by an adult
Children under 8 - Free of Charge
Gin Masterclass: €49
In a fun-filled two hours, learn how to distill your own bottle of gin at the Minke Gin School. Sip on a refreshing gin cocktail, become a botanical expert and take your own bottle of gin home with you.
Gin Masterclass with dinner: €79
Enjoy a Gin School Experience plus a delicious 2 course meal and a glass of prosecco in the Whale's Tail Bistro!
Other Useful Information
All tours are guided and available in English and German. Specialist tours can also be arranged in advance, by request.
The onsite Gift Shop sells a range of Clonakilty Distillery Whiskey, Minke Gin and branded Clonakilty Distillery merchandise. Open times are 11:00 – 18:30.
Car park on-site as well as nearby on-street parking for coaches and cars.
Fully wheelchair accessible with accessible toilets.
Group rates available (minimum 10 people). Pre-booking required.
Located in the heart of Clonakilty and situated on the amazing Wild Atlantic Way route, Clonakilty Distillery Visitor Experience and Gin School is located less than an hour away from Cork City.Clonakilty Distillery Nearby Attractions