If your enquiry is of a general nature, the team here at Heritage Island will respond to you directly. If it is more appropriate for the attraction(s) to respond to you directly, we will request them to do so.
As you enter the inland port of New Ross on the River Barrow, you will immediately be drawn to the sight of the beautiful Tall Ship, Dunbrody, towering over the quayside.
Stepping back in time, visitors make their way towards the Quay in New Ross circa 1846. Approaching the ticket office, visual presentations will set the scene of a county in crisis. Onboard the ship, your tour guide will reveal the realities of life on the notorious “Coffin Ships”. Hear the stories of Mrs White and Mrs O’ Brien, costumed actors who give a true and chilling account of day to day life on board.
Exit the ship onto the Savannah Landing Point one of the port destinations for Dunbrody and learn about Life in Savannah in the 1800’s and finally exit through the Irish America Hall of Fame exhibition celebrate the success stories of the Irish in America, such as The Kennedy Story.
- Dunbrody Famine Ship-Replica of an 1840’s Famine Ship
- Costumed Actors- Excellent and touching portrayals by expert local performers
- Savannah Landing Point- Exit and learn about life in the port destination of Savannah in the 1800s
- Sensory Experience- Experience the sights, smells and sounds of a Tallship crossing the Atlantic Ocean
- Irish American Hall of Fame Exhibition- Celebrate the success stories of the Irish in America.
- Restaurant- Riverview Restaurant with an extensive menu serving top quality food sourced from award-winning suppliers.
Open Year Round
April - September
Daily 09:00 - 18:00
October - March
Daily 09:00 - 17:00
Closed: Christmas Day and St. Stephens Day.
Last admission: last tour 1 hour before closing
Approx. visit duration: Approx 1 Hour
Senior (aged 65+): €9.00
Student (with valid ID): €6.00
Child (under 12): €6.00
Family (2 adults & 1 child): €23.00
Family (2 adults & 2 children): €26.00
Family (2 adults & 3 children): €32.00
Other Useful Information
Translation leaflets available in French, German, Spanish, Italian & Dutch.
DINING / REFRESHMENTS
Our Riverview Restaurant has an extensive menu serving top quality food sourced from award-winning /suppliers.
Gift shop selling souvenirs and gift items.
Car and coach parking on-site.
Group rates available (minimum 10 people). Pre-booking required.
The Ship is moored at the quayside in the town of New Ross.Dunbrody Famine Ship Experience Nearby Attractions