If your enquiry is of a general nature, the team here at Heritage Island will respond to you directly. If it is more appropriate for the attraction(s) to respond to you directly, we will request them to do so.
- Travel back in time through 1,500 years of history
- Interact with the past in easy-to-use high-tech galleries
- Discover family-friendly exhibits full of entertainment and education
- Stamp your very own EPIC passport as you move through Irish history
- Connect with your ancestors at the Irish Family History Centre
- Experience a new and exciting museum unlike any other!
Open Year Round
Open daily from 10:00 - 18:45 (last admission 17:00).
EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum
The chq Building,
Custom House Quay, Dublin 1
T: +353 (0)1 531 3688
Closed: Closed December 24, 25 & 26.
Last admission: Daily at 17:00
Approx Visit Duration: 90 minutes and allow time to browse the shop or enjoy refreshments.
Senior (aged 65+): €15.00
Student (with valid ID): €15.00
Child (aged 6-15): €8.00
Child (under 6): Free
Family (2 Adults + 2 Children): €40.00
Booking advisable but not essential for non-groups
Group rates available for 10 or more people pre-booking
Other Useful Information
Audio guides available in English, German, French, Italian and Spanish for an additional €2. Pre-booked group tours in English, German, French, Italian and Spanish can also be arranged for a fee.
DINING / REFRESHMENTS
You have a choice of dining and refreshment options. There are a variety of coffee shops and eating options on site.
The EPIC Gift Store features a wide variety of gifts to suit all budgets and tastes from key-rings to jewellery designed by top Irish designers. Also includes clothing, skincare, fragrances, crystal and confectionery. Bespoke instore engraving also available for tailored gifts. Open 7 days a week.
Pay-for parking available nearby. Designated coach drop off and pick up point near the entrance.
Fully wheelchair accessible with accessible toilets.
Group catered for and group rates available (minimum 10 people). Pre-booking required.
Free Wi-Fi available throughout the building.
- European Museum of the Year 2018 - Shortlisted
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
- TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Award 2017 - Top 5 Irish Museums
- Children in Museums Award 2017 - Shortlisted - the only Irish museum selected for this prestigious European award
- Europe's Leading Tourist Attraction - World Travel Awards 2019
“Thought-provoking…I had never fully appreciated the Irish diaspora until my visit to this high-tech exhibit…an entertaining and educational experience”
Travel writer Rick Steves.
Top 10 Things to Do in Dublin
“It’s simply too good of a story to miss”.
National Geographic Traveller
You can also find EPIC through the following social media sites:
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+Epicirelandchq
Great for Special Eventsread more
EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum is located in Dublin City in the vaults of The chq Building which is an 8 minute walk from O’Connell Street and 10 minutes from Trinity College. Easy access via the DART (Dublin Area Rapid Transit network), 3 minutes from Connolly Station and Tara Street Station. The LUAS (Red Line) Georges Dock stop is located directly opposite The chq Building where EPIC is located.EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum Nearby Attractions
Have an Enquiry?
If you are interested in visiting this attraction, seeking more information or have a group enquiry, please contact us here.