If your enquiry is of a general nature, the team here at Heritage Island will respond to you directly. If it is more appropriate for the attraction(s) to respond to you directly, we will request them to do so.
- Over six acres of beautiful Victorian Walled Gardens
- Restored Abbey rooms and a Neo-Gothic Church
- New multimedia “from Generation to Generation” visitor experience
- History talks and guided tours
- Extensive woodland and lakeshore walks
- Award-winning café and tea house serving delicious home-baking
- On-site Pottery Studio and Craft & Design Shop
- Musical performances in the Gothic Church throughout the year
Open Year Round - Daily
January - March 16 from10:00
March 17 from 09:00
March 17 - November 2 from 09:00
November 2 - January 3 from 09:30
(Times may be subject to change - check with attraction before travel)
Kylemore Abbey & Victorian Walled Garden,
Kylemore, Connemara, Co. Galway
T: +353 (0) 95 520 01
Closed: December 24, 25 and 26
Last admission: 30 minutes before closing
Approx. visit duration: 80 minutes minimum
Senior (aged 65+): €10.50
Student (18+ with valid ID): €10.50
Child (aged 11-17): €9.00
Child (under 11): Free
Family (2 adults & up to 6 children aged 11-17): €40.00
Other Useful Information
Free information leaflets available in Irish, English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese and Mandarin. Audio visual presentation available in English, French and German. Guided tours can be provided through English, French and Dutch (subject to availability of guide and pre-booking).
DINING / REFRESHMENTS
Mitchell’s Café serves a wide variety of cold and hot foods. The Tea House serves a smaller selection of hot and cold lunch options. Henry’s Express Café serves a variety of takeout and picnic goodies.
Craft and Design Shop selling beautiful gifts, clothing, souvenirs and Kylemore Abbey Fuchsia pottery made on-site along with artisan food products handmade by the Benedictine Nuns.
Free car and coach parking on-site.
Partially wheelchair accessible with accessible toilets.
Group rates available (minimum 10 people). Pre-booking required.
ACCOLADES & AWARDS
- TripAdvisor Excellence Award 2016
- CIE Tours International Excellence Award 2015
- Blas na hÉireann Irish Food Award Gold 2016
- Relax Web Awards Finalists 2016
- Europa Nostra Gardens of Europe Awards 2001
Located in Connemara off the R344 and on the N59, Kylemore Abbey is one hour from Galway City, and 3 hours and 50 minutes from Dublin.Kylemore Abbey & Victorian Walled Garden Nearby Attractions