If your enquiry is of a general nature, the team here at Heritage Island will respond to you directly. If it is more appropriate for the attraction(s) to respond to you directly, we will request them to do so.
- Meeting with the Celts in an Iron Age Dwelling
- Walking the footsteps of history on a guided tour to Navan Fort
- The interactive Archaeology Discovery Room
- Environmental aspects of the site, which you will learn about on the Ecology Trail
- Gain a unique appreciation of the history of Emain Macha
Open Year Round
See www.navan.com for up to date opening times
(Note: The Living History interpretation operates April to September only)
IMPORTANT NOTE: work is currently underway on some exhibits. The following elements of Navan will be available to visitors:
- A condensed exhibition looking at the background of Navan in a local and national context.
- Audio visual show bringing the Myths & Legends of the Ulster Cycle to life.
- Outstanding Archaeology Discovery Room where you can bring archaeology alive to understand the history of Navan.
- A site self-guided map for your visit to Navan Fort, or weather permitting, a fully guided tour to the site.
Approx. visit duration: 2 hours minimum
Senior (aged 65+): £4.17
Student (with valid ID): £4.17
Child (aged 4-18): £3.40
Child (under 4): Free
Family (2 adults & up to 3 children): £16.40
Senior (aged 65+): £5.60
Student (with valid ID): £5.60
Child (aged 4-18): £4.55
Child (under 4): Free
Family (2 adults & up to 3 children): £18.55
Other Useful Information
DINING / REFRESHMENTS
Café/restaurant serving home-baked food daily. There is also a picnic area.
Gift shop selling range of gifts and speciality books.
Free car and coach parking on-site.
The Navan Centre and Iron Age Dwelling are fully accessible. The Fort require a level of good mobility.
Free Wi-Fi available in the restaurant area.
Group rates available (minimum 10 people). Pre-booking required.
ACCOLADES & AWARDS
- Sandford Award for Heritage Education (2013)
- NI4kids 'Small Visitor Attraction of the Year' (2014)
- TripAdvisor, Centre of Excellence Award (2015)
The Navan Centre & Fort is 3km from the City of Armagh.Navan Centre & Fort [Emain Macha] Nearby Attractions
Best Ticket Prices
We recommend you buy 'Best Value' Tickets from TopAttractionsIreland.com our partner website.
Tickets valid for 365 days from purchase
No Booking Fees
and special rates for seniors, students, kids & families.
If you have a group enquiry for 10 or more people, you can contact us here.