If your enquiry is of a general nature, the team here at Heritage Island will respond to you directly. If it is more appropriate for the attraction(s) to respond to you directly, we will request them to do so.
- Be welcomed into the clan with a cleansing ceremony & traditional purification involving smoke and fire
- Taste traditional homemade herb bread & mead, using locally foraged foods—a truly authentic experience!
- Enjoy storytelling by the fire, including the tales of Ulster’s greatest heroes and warriors such as the legendary Cuchulain and goddess Macha, who gave the site and nearby Armagh their names
- Discover the Iron Age village area, decorated as in times of celebration!
- Connect with the land and energy through Celtic Mindfulness
- Fully guided tour to the ancient site of the Navan Fort by an expert guide
- Exhibition space on the archaeology of the area and audio visual show, which details the myths and legends of the Ulster Cycle
Open Year Round
Open from Thursday 30th July
10am - 5pm (Thursday - Sunday)
(Note: The Living History interpretation operates April to September only)
Navan Centre & Fort [Emain Macha]
81 Killylea Road, Armagh, Co. Armagh
T: +44 (0) 28 3752 9644
Approx. visit duration: 2 hours minimum
Senior (aged 65+): £11.25
Student (with valid ID): £11.25
Child (aged 4-18): £7.50
Child (under 4): Free
Family (2 adults & up to 3 children): £26
Extra Child: £4
Other Useful Information
DINING / REFRESHMENTS
Café/restaurant serving home-baked food daily. There is also a picnic area.
Gift shop selling range of gifts and speciality books.
Free car and coach parking on-site.
The Navan Centre and Iron Age Dwelling are fully accessible. The Fort require a level of good mobility.
Free Wi-Fi available in the restaurant area.
Group rates available (minimum 10 people). Pre-booking required.
ACCOLADES & AWARDS
- Sandford Award for Heritage Education (2013)
- NI4kids 'Small Visitor Attraction of the Year' (2014)
- TripAdvisor, Centre of Excellence Award (2015)
The Navan Centre & Fort is 3km from the City of Armagh.Navan Centre & Fort [Emain Macha] Nearby Attractions