If your enquiry is of a general nature, the team here at Heritage Island will respond to you directly. If it is more appropriate for the attraction(s) to respond to you directly, we will request them to do so.
Set in the wild Wicklow countrywide, overlooking the Sugarloaf Mountain, Powerscourt is situated just 20km south of Dublin City Centre. The Gardens stretch over 47 acres and offer visitors a sublime blend of formal gardens, sweeping terraces, statues and ornamental lakes, secret hollows and rambling walks.
Experience 300 years of garden design and development including the walled gardens, the Italian garden, the dolphin pond, the Japanese gardens, pets cemetery and pepperpot tower, among other features and attractions.
The Palladian Mansion at Powerscourt is home to the best in Irish design, and features craft and interior shops. An audio-visual brings to life the rich history of the estate. The Terrace Café offers the finest in Irish artisan home-cooked cuisine.
- One of the Top Three Gardens in the World
- A stunning historic house
- Some of Ireland’s oldest and rarest trees
- Pet cemetery, dolphin pond, Japanese and Italian gardens
- The best in Irish design and artisan homemade cuisine
Open Year Round
Daily 09:30 - 17:30 (dusk in Winter)
Powerscourt Estate, Enniskerry, Co. Wicklow
Closed: December 25 and 26
Last admission: 17:00 in high season and 30 minutes before dusk in Winter
Approx. visit duration: 90 minutes to 2 hours recommended
Audio Tours: Powerscourt has a developed a wonderful short film and audio guides about the gardens, narrated personally by the 2 families and owners of Powerscourt over the past 400 years. In the film you will meet Anthony Wingfield, Lord Powerscourt and Alex Slazenger, the Head Gardener. Their cousin Sarah Slazenger, Managing Director, also appears on the video making this a first-hand, warm experience of what Powerscourt means to them. From fascinating family characters through to everyday tasks in the gardens, the audio guides provide a wonderful behind the scenes glimpse of life at Powerscourt. The audio guides are available at Powerscourt in English, Spanish, German, French and Chinese.
WINTER PRICES (to February 28, 2018)
Senior (aged 65+): €7.00
Student (with valid ID): €7.00
Child (aged 5-15): €3.50
Child (under 5): Free
Family (2 adults & 3 children): €18.00
SUMMER PRICES (March 1, 2018 to October 31, 2018)
Senior (aged 65+): €8.50
Student (with valid ID): €8.50
Child (aged 5-15): €5.00
Child (under 5): Free
Family (2 adults & 3 children): €25.00
Other Useful Information
Free leaflets available in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Chinese.
DINING / REFRESHMENTS
The Avoca Terrace Café, overlooking the magnificent gardens, offers everything from light refreshments to full lunches.
Unique shopping experience with a selection of specialty shops operated by the Avoca Group, an Interiors Gallery and Powerscourt Garden Pavilion.
Free car and coach parking on-site with coach set down area.
ACCESSIBILITY for Wheelchair Users and Visitors with Reduced Mobility
- Parking: Accessible parking spaces are available in the car-park.
- Drop-off Point: Disabled visitors are welcome to stop at the drop-off point at the front of Powerscourt House.
- Carer & Assistants: Carers travelling with visitors with disabilities are entitled to free entrance to the Gardens.
- Disability Route: There is a special route through Powerscourt Gardens for visitors with reduced mobility
- Café: The Terrace Café and Terrace area are accessible.
- Toilets: Accessible toilets are available in Powerscourt House.
- Lift: There is a lift to the ballroom on first floor of Powerscourt House.
- Wheelchairs: There are wheelchairs at the house reception which visitors to the gardens are welcome to use. Please book in advance by phoning +353 (0) 1 204 6000 to avoid any disappointment. A €20 refundable deposit is required.
- Assistance and Guide Dogs: Assistance and Guide Dogs are permitted (no other dogs are permitted).
Group rates available (minimum 20 people in high season and 10 people in low season). Pre-booking required.
Free Wi-Fi available in the main house.
Meeting and Event Facilitiesread more
Powerscourt House is a truly stunning setting for a Spectacular Gala or Corporate Event.
At Powerscourt, they specialise in corporate and social events including:
- Gala dinners
- Corporate functions and entertainment
- Christmas and other seasonal parties
- Drinks receptions
- Product launches
- Networking events
Powerscourt Ballroom can accommodate up to 350 people for a reception and 150 people for a seated dinner. The Garden Rooms, overlooking the beautiful Powerscourt Gardens, cater for 250 people for a reception and 140 people for dinner.
Powerscourt work with a preferred supplier for corporate team building events which include, archery, 4 x 4, falconry and much more.
Powerscourt Estate has two 18-hole championship golf courses just adjacent to Powerscourt House and can cater for corporate groups.
For more information, contact Carmel Byrne phone +353 (0)1 204 6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Carmel Byrne 16/05/17
The Estate is located just 20 minutes south of Dublin.Powerscourt House and Gardens Nearby Attractions
Best Ticket Prices
Buy 'Best Value' Tickets from Heritage Island's partner website.
Tickets valid for 365 days from purchase
No Booking Fees
and special rates for seniors, students, kids & families.
If you have a group enquiry for 10 or more people, you can contact us here.