If your enquiry is of a general nature, the team here at Heritage Island will respond to you directly. If it is more appropriate for the attraction(s) to respond to you directly, we will request them to do so.
Trinity College Dublin is the oldest university in Ireland, founded in 1592 by Queen Elizabeth I and famous for its graduates such as Swift, Goldsmith, Wilde and Beckett.
Visitor attractions include The Old Library and the Book of Kells exhibition, gift shop, Science Gallery, Zoological Museum and cafes.
- The world-famous, 9th century Book of Kells, written over 1,000 years ago
- The Long Room - the longest single-chamber library in the world, housing 200,000 books
- Marble busts which line the Long Room, a collection which began in 1743
- The Proclamation of 1916 - a copy of the famous document which declared Ireland’s independence
- The Brian Boru Harp, a medieval musical instrument thought to have been owned by the High King of Ireland
- The University’s beautiful campus filled with leafy, cobbled squares and historic buildings
Open Year Round
Closed: Closed 10 days over the Christmas and New Year period - see attraction website for details.
Last admission: 30 minutes before closing
Approx. visit duration: 40 - 60 minutes
Admission Prices 2019
Senior/Student (with valid ID): €12.00
Family (2 adults and 2 children, aged 18 years and under): €30.00
Child (under 12): Free
Other Useful Information
Free printed guides available in English, Irish, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Japanese, Russian and Chinese. Audio guides are available in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian and Mandarin at a cost of €5.00.
DINING / REFRESHMENTS
Dining options on campus include the Arts Café and the Buttery.
Gift shop selling souvenirs and gift items.
Paid car parking available at the nearby Setanta Centre, behind the Kilkenny Shop. Coach parking is available along Nassau Street at the College’s perimeter gates.
Fully accessible with accessible toilets on campus.
Group rates available (minimum 10 people).
ACCOLADES & AWARDS
- Museums Standard Programme of Ireland 2015
- Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2015
- Listed in top 500 Lonely Planet list of Places To See
Trinity College is located in the heart of the city centre and is served by all cross city buses, LUAS and the DART.Trinity College Old Library and Book of Kells Exhibition Nearby Attractions
Best Ticket Prices
Buy 'Best Value' Tickets from Heritage Island's partner website.
Tickets valid for 365 days from purchase
No Booking Fees
and special rates for seniors, students & families.
If you have a group enquiry for 10 or more people, you can contact us here.