If your enquiry is of a general nature, the team here at Heritage Island will respond to you directly. If it is more appropriate for the attraction(s) to respond to you directly, we will request them to do so.
The town is home to the most famous Irish American, President John Fitzgerald Kennedy. Visitors to New Ross can see the spectacular Dunbrody Famine Ship sit proudly on the quayside - take a tour and discover its fascinating history.
The magnificent Ros Tapestry, depicting the Norman conquests of Ireland, rivals the Bayeaux Tapestry for the beauty and skill of the stitch work.
New Ross is the gateway to the Hook Peninsula and the Hook Lighthouse, the oldest working lighthouse in Europe, stands sentinel over one of nature’s most beautiful estuaries.
Visit the beautiful St Mary's Church, built by William Marshall and his wife Isabel in the 13th century, a highlight of the Norman Way, which is spectacularly lit at night and within a few minute's walk of its close neighbours, Pearse Park and the award-winning Library Park.
A stroll on the Great River Wall on the River Barrow is highly recommended.
- Remains of the 13th century town walls
- A rich history - home to JFK, the Dunbrody Famine Ship and the Ros Tapestry
- Gateway to the Hook Peninsula & the oldest operational lighthouse in the world
- A lively town with fantastic festivals including the New Ross Piano Festival, Kennedy Summer School, Irish America 4th July / Fit Fest and AIMS Choral Festival
- Part of the Ireland’s Ancient East Touring Region and an integral part of the Norman Trail
Opening times vary by attraction.
New Ross Heritage Town,
T: +353 (0) 51 421 284
Vary - check with individual visitor attractions.
Other Useful Information
DINING / REFRESHMENTS
New Ross has numerous cafés and restaurants with a range of dining options. Picnic facilities are located adjacent to the Three Sisters Marina on the Wexford Road.
There are several shopping options in New Ross and surrounds.
Car and coach parking available throughout the town.
New Ross is located in South County Wexford on the N25 (E30) road, 35km from Wexford Town, 55km from Rosslare Europort, 40km from Waterford Airport and 160km from Dublin Airport.New Ross Heritage Town Nearby Attractions